If you're like most people, you've probably never heard of this cut, and that's OK. Think of our American Wagyu Teres Major cut, from the shoulder, as that hidden gem of a restaurant or cocktail lounge you love because it feels like it's your little secret. Despite being adored by in-the-know meat lovers, you don't find Wagyu Teres Major steaks often because they require the artistry of a skilled butcher to prepare.
Lucky for you, the Good Silver team couldn't resist sharing this beauty. Our American Wagyu Teres Major steak is an exceptionally rich and extraordinarily tender cut. Commonly compared to tenderloin, the Teres Major is packed with more flavor because of the extensive marbling it has. And when it comes to melt-in-your-mouth tenderness, only a filet mignon has bragging rights.
- We ship only within the United States, excluding Alaska and Hawaii.
- Shipping costs range from $15 to $35 depending on order size.
- Orders over $200 are eligible for free shipping.
- Shipping rates for orders based on order value:
- Order value $0-50: $35
- Order value $51-99: $20
- Order value $100-199: $15
- All orders are shipped UPS Overnight.
- Estimated delivery times depend on when the order is placed:
- Monday before 1pm CST - estimated delivery Tuesday
- Monday after 1pm CST - estimated delivery Wednesday
- Tuesday before 1pm CST - estimated delivery Wednesday
- Tuesday after 1pm CST - estimated delivery Thursday
- Wednesday before 1pm CST - estimated delivery Thursday
- Wednesday after 1pm CST - estimated delivery Friday
- Thursday before 1pm CSt - estimated delivery Friday
- Thursday after 1pmCST - estimated delivery Saturday *if Saturday deliveries are available in your area
- Friday before 1pm CST - estimated delivery Saturday *if Saturday deliveries are available in your area
At Good Silver, we want you to be completely satisfied with your order. If for any reason you're not happy with your purchase, simply reach out to us within 7 days of delivery and we'll make it right. We offer refunds or replacements for any damaged or unsatisfactory items. Returns must be made within 14 days of delivery for us to process your request.
At Good Silver, we take great care to ensure that your order arrives fresh and safe. We use a thick 1.5" insulation and dry ice to keep your items cold during transit. Most orders are delivered within 1 day transit, and we package them to last up to 48 hours in most conditions.
Our packaging is curbside recyclable, so you can dispose of it responsibly after unpacking your order. Keep in mind that items may partially thaw in shipment but should arrive cold—below 40°F as measured with a food thermometer—if not solid frozen.
According to the USDA Freezing and Food Safety Guidelines, meats that are refrigerator cold, partly frozen (solid), or frozen can be placed into the freezer for later use.
If you have any questions about our packaging or the condition of your order upon arrival, please contact our customer service team right away. We're here to help ensure that you have a positive experience with Good Silver.
Beef Handling and Thawing Instructions
At Good Silver, we take great care in handling and delivering our beef to ensure that it arrives at your doorstep fresh and cold. Our beef may partially thaw in transit but should still be below 40°F as measured with a food thermometer, ensuring it remains safe to use.
For the best taste and texture, we recommend thawing your beef using the following methods:
- Thawing in the Refrigerator
- Place your beef in a pan or tray to catch any possible leaks.
- Defrost in the refrigerator prior to cooking.
- Meat can be thawed in its packaging.
- Larger cuts of beef will take longer to thaw, but should fully thaw within a day.
- Most beef can defrost in as little as 12 hours.
- Quick Thawing
- If you need to thaw your beef quickly, we recommend using the cold water method.
- Place your vacuum-sealed beef in a waterproof package or bag to keep water out.
- Submerge the sealed package in cold tap water, changing the water every 30 minutes.
- Smaller cuts of beef will typically thaw in an hour or less, while larger pieces may take several hours.
Remember, always follow USDA Freezing and Food Safety Guidelines when handling and storing beef. Refrigerator cold, partly frozen (solid), or frozen beef can be placed into the freezer for later use.