The Juicy Details
Like the city it’s named after, Good Silver Steak Co.’s American Wagyu NY Strip Steaks offer something for everyone—flavor-packed marbling, savory beefiness, and unique tenderness. While you’ve undoubtedly experienced an NY Strip at some point, you haven’t yet realized the full potential of this classic until you’ve had a Good Silver American Wagyu NY Strip.
Similar to loosening your tie or kicking off your heels at the end of a long day, there’s a comfort in the familiarity of these cuts. Perfectly suited for a weeknight meal or dinner party meant to impress friends and family, our Wagyu NY Strips always satisfy when nothing less than the best is what you’re craving.
At Good Silver, we like to create the perfect crust on our wagyu NY Strips by searing them in a scorching cast iron skillet. But first, we always take our premium Wagyu steaks out of the refrigerator so they can get to room temperature, about 45 minutes. Preheat your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit, then season your wagyu NY Strips with a heavy dose of salt and pepper. Once your skillet is ready:
- Add about a tablespoon of high-heat tolerant oil to coat.
- Sear your steak for about three minutes and flip. Add five tablespoons of butter and four smashed garlic cloves and stir once melted.
- Spoon the butter-garlic mixture over the steak while the other side sears, about three minutes again.
- Remove the skillet from the stove and place it in the preheated oven for three to five minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 135 degrees for a suggested medium-rare.
- Spoon the butter sauce over the steak and let rest for a minimum of five minutes, but 10 is better if you can resist your carnivorous urges.
With a classic like our Wagyu NY Strips, tried and true steakhouse staples like baked potatoes, creamed spinach, or broccoli are always satisfying. If you want to elevate your meal and make it worthy of the bright lights of Broadway, consider Hasselback potatoes, lobster mac and cheese, or balsamic-glazed brussels sprouts.
Pairing wagyu NY Strips with a full-bodied Napa cabernet is as traditional as the pinstripes of New York’s favorite baseball team. Super Tuscans, Brunellos, and Bordeauxs also stand up to the bold beef flavors. IPAs counteract the rich marbling, while light American cream ales add a subtle maltiness that helps a wagyu NY strip shine. If you’re in the mood for a cocktail, a Manhattan brings your food journey full circle. Now, all that’s left to do is sip, slice, and savor.
Our American Wagyu grades above Prime, so we utilize the Japanese Beef Marbling Score (BMS). Choose Sterling for a BMS of 4 to 5 or Finest for 6+. Either way, your order will be perfectly delicious.